STANDARD CONTEST RULES APPLICABLE TO ALL CONTESTS
A complete copy of these Standard Contest Rules can be obtained at the offices of Emmis Indiana Broadcasting L.P. d/b/a WTHI-FM 925 Wabash Avenue, Suite 300, Terre Haute, Indiana 47807 Monday through Friday. HI-99/WTHI will conduct all Contests, including on-air contests, email and online contests held on www.hi99.com, and contests conducted through HI-99’s social networking accounts (e.g., Facebook, Twitter), substantially as described in these rules, and by participating each participant agrees as follows:
1. No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
2. Unless otherwise specified, only legal U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older with a valid
Social Security number at the time of entry are eligible to participate in Station contests.
3. Unless otherwise specified, employees, agents and affiliates of WTHI-FM, its parent company and
its respective subsidiaries, contest sponsors, other radio, television and print advertising companies,
and their immediate family members and household members are not eligible to participate
or win Station contests. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents,
siblings, grandparents, children, grandchildren and cohabiting significant others.
4. An individual may win a contest only once per 30 day period unless otherwise specifically
stated. An individual may win other seasonal or one-time contests only once for the duration of the
contest. An individual may only win one major contest with a minimum value of $600 per 30 days. WTHI-FM reserves the right to limit the number of times an individual may enter a contest
or drawing. WTHI-FM reserves the right to require contestants to be present at drawings in order to win
5. If it is determined by WTHI-FM that a candidate is not eligible to receive a prize, another candidate may be selected for eligibility consultation and this process will continue on until such time as an eligible candidate is found. In the unlikely event that no candidates are found to meet the specifications, then the prize will go un-awarded. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by and at the sole
discretion of WTHI-FM.
6. Time Delay Between Over-the-Air Analog Signal and Other Signal Delivery: Due to the time delay
that exists between the station’s analog over-the-air signal and the station’s online webcast, listeners who listen online or on their mobile device may hear Contest information or a cue to call later than listeners listening to the station’s analog over-the-air signal. As a result, the odds of an online listener winning this Contest may be diminished.
7. Unless otherwise stated, the odds of winning a Station contest depend on a number of factors,
including but not limited to the number of eligible entries received and the number of listeners
participating at any given time.
8. All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for
prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued
$600 or more in a given calendar year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
9. All prizes are awarded “as is.” Prizes are nontransferable and cannot be exchanged, sold, or
redeemed for cash or other prizes. No substitute prize will be awarded to a winner who declines to
accept a prize. WTHI-FM shall not be responsible for a failure of participating sponsors to deliver the
prizes or any part thereof.
10. All entrants and winners agree that the WTHI-FM and Emmis Indiana Broadcasting L.P. shall have no liability for any injury, misfortune, or damage to either persons or property incurred by entering, participating in, winning, or losing any contest and/or by the use or non-use of any prize received in connection with this contest.
11. All prizes must be redeemed from WTHI-FM within thirty (30) days of the contest end date, excluding
holidays, unless otherwise stated in the contest’s official rules. After such time, ownership of said
prize reverts back to WTHI-FM to be disposed of at its discretion. The winner then loses all claims
and rights to said prize. Proper identification must be presented by any winner to claim prize. As a
condition to receiving the prize, any potential winner must complete and sign a Winner’s Affidavit
and Release, releasing WTHI-FM and Emmis Indiana Broadcasting L. P. from all liability in connection with winner’s participation in the contest and acceptance, use, or non-use of the prize. Certain prizes are date specific (e.g., concerts, trips, etc.) and the winner or winners must be available on the dates specified or the prize will be forfeited.
12. All entry blanks, forms, devices, and materials gathered during the course of entry, as well as all
information contained on or within, shall become the sole property of WTHI-FM to be used, disposed
of or destroyed in its sole discretion. WTHI-FM is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate
information submitted by contest participants or entered by websites users, and assumes no
responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission,
communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the WTHI-FM website.
13. All entrants and winners agree to give the WTHI-FM the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use, re-use, broadcast, or publish their name, city of residence, photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched or distorted in character or form, and voice, recorded or live, for any reason the Station deems necessary without compensation, unless prohibited by law. All entrants and winners release, discharge, and agree to hold WTHI-FM and Emmis Indiana Broadcasting L.P. harmless from any and all claims they may have against WTHI-FM or Emmis Indiana Broadcasting L.P. in connection with the foregoing.
All entrants and winners further acknowledge that WTHI-FM owns or will own exclusively any
photographs of them used for such purposes, including the copyrights in them, regardless of the
form, in which they have been or may be produced and used, and all entrants and winners assign all
such ownership rights to WTHI-FM.
14. By participating in a contest, each participant agrees to receive email communications from WTHI-FM regarding events and contests. Any participant that opts-out of these mailings will also
remove themselves from the contest.
15. By participating in a contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of WTHI-FM
personnel. Participants who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or
obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive,
annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. WTHI-FM will interpret these rules and
resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the contest and
all WTHI-FM decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of a contest is
affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional
interference or any event beyond the control of WTHI-FM, the station reserves the right to terminate the
contest, or make such other decisions regarding the administration or outcome as WTHI-FM deems
appropriate. All decisions will be made by WTHI-FM are final. WTHI-FM may waive any of these rules in
its sole discretion. ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMALOPERATION OF A STATION CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITES, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF A STATION CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, WTHI-FM RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES
FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
16. By participating in this contest, each participant agrees to waive any and all claims for damages for
death, personal injury, loss of property or property damage that he or she may sustain as a result of his
or her participation in the contest and/or the use of any prize, and any damages or losses arising from
the implementation or carrying out of the contest or any participant’s failure to win the contest or
receive the prize, and to release Emmis Indiana Broadcasting L.P. d/b/a WTHI-FM and their subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, from any and all liability arising out of or connected in any way with his or her participation in the contests.